- To be advisory body to the Government, to institutions and the wider
community on distance and open learning.
- To support the activities of organisations, agencies and institutions
involved in distance and open learning, and to encourage co-operation among
- To initiate and widen educational activities and access through distance
and open learning for those individuals unable to participate through
traditional means, so as to enhance growth and development in human
- To initiate and/or support research and development in distance and open
learning, disseminate the results of relevant research and identify
appropriate areas in which research and development are particularly needed.
- To seek to establish a clearing house for information on distance and open
- To promote and provide a forum for interaction, cooperation and exchange
of information and materials among national, regional and international and
providers with related goals, on issues affecting and/or related to the
field of distance and open learning.
- To organise regular discussions, conferences, seminars and workshops on
various issues in distance and open learning.
- To publish regular newsletters and such other publications as the
Association shall detemine form time to time.
- To provide and encourage inter-institutional consultancies among members
as efficiently and as widely as possible.
- To seek funding ot to engage in fund-raising activities adequate for the
Association to carry out its activities.